Back in the Office, and Bug Fixing
I'm back from holidays, and figured I was overdue for some actual dev work (as opposed to business/marketing). So I spent most of the day working on bug fixes. With the recent increase in traffic, there have been a lot more eyes on the game, and that has revealed not only bugs, but some shortcomings of game systems and UI.
One of the more often requested features should make it into the next build:
Many folks have said that long-lasting games can become unwieldy as items pile up around their camps. So it was finally time to add a way to trash unwanted items, and clear up space. Starting in the next build, there will be a new cursor mode (red "X" above) which deletes items the user clicks.
More Bug Fixes
I was also able to knock off a handful of other bugs as well, including:
- Fixed a bug allowing player to consume items in junk market without paying for them.
- Fixed a typo in Hatter encounter.
- Fixed bug which caused scavenge locations to pile up in hexes over time.
- Fixed bug which caused hoodie pocket to disappear even if a valid destination.
- Fixed a bug that would cause rotated items to glitch and look weird if rotated while dragging and then released.
- Fixed a bug that caused squirrel meat to turn into spoiled squirrels when consumed (fixes some other items as well).
- Fixed a bug in battle AI that may have caused weirdness when AI was last person in battle.
- Fixed a bug that caused fatigue conditions to stick when sleeping (e.g. "blacking out never" went away).
- Changed sleeping conditions to make it harder to sleep when rested, easier when tired.
Many of these may have been causing general weirdness in the game, such as stuck sleeping, turns lasting too long, etc. There could still be issues causing those things, but hopefully these fixes stabilize the game a bit.
Still more to do before I think it's worth uploading, so I'll keep plugging away tomorrow.
Thanks for all the feedback so far, and bug alerts!