Loose Web and Music Ends
Hey Folks! More webdev and some music work today. And a teensy bit of orbital doodling.
The webdev was just finishing up the download changes I made yesterday, and testing. I had to make sure each user type on the site had access to the right things (e.g. Yukon edition, normal edition, registered, and anonymous users). And there are still some legacy file folders I need to work out with the webdev team. Basically, do we keep the legacy stuff as-is, or try to integrate into a new folder system?
I ended up composing some music today, too! It was super fun, and I really wish I had the luxury of time to do more of it. Josh sent me his most recent track for a backwater dive bar, and while it's good, it doesn't quite fit. His piece is more like a film score for a sinister scene, while I was hoping for something more like a jukebox or live band setpiece for the bar. I.e. what the patrons are listening to when the player enters.
It probably wasn't necessary, but I opened up FL Studio and started doodling with some sampled guitar, rhythm, and bass. And in about an hour, I had a short loop that illustrated what I had in mind. I've sent this to him, and I hope he doesn't mind my indulgence :)
Finally, I cracked open the orbital plotter for a bit at the end of the day. I didn't do a ton, but I did manage to get the accuracy issues figured out with plotting celestial bodies. It turns out the issue was that I was plotting the bodies relative to the center of the ellipse instead of the ellipse's focus. And when you later rotate that orbit and translate it, it just gets worse and worse.
So that's working now! Ugly as sin, since there's all that debug drawing in there. And I'm bummed I can't use MakeCircle (simpler code), but it works!