Well, it looks like I messed up. The name I had been running with is actually already used by another recent game. Which is a pity, as I was really starting to like the logo.
On the plus side, however, the part I liked most about the logo can remain, and the part that needs to change is really easy to change. So I set about vetting some alternate titles today, and I'm narrowing the field. In fact, I may have an alternate that works even better. Score one for constraints producing better work, I guess?
I also did a bit more mobile debugging today. I think the new demo data file I worked on solved one of the skill-select problems we were encountering in the demo. However, as I went to test some other demo limitations, I noticed the demo region of the map wasn't working as intended. "Cool!" I thought. "Maybe I can fix that!"
Turns out, maybe I can't. At least, not yet. I got tangled in the mouse vs. touch input code, and I may need to defer to Tiago's skill in this area. Or at least approach it with fresh eyes. It was good to get in there, though, if for no other reason than to learn a bit about the new mobile code.
Also, I've been running into motivational walls off and on this week. I think it's been a while since I've had a visible, measurable success that I could share, and that always cuts my momentum. Hopefully, tomorrow is more inspiring (and productive) for me!