DevKit gives modders a means to test their mods efficiently. Basically, you'll have everything needed to live, travel, and do with less interference.
- Minimal merging required; no matter the mod
- No new game required
- BBC included
Specific goals you need to fulfill to use the mod:
- BACKUP your save. If you care about it.
- Craft the necklace and wear it. Two ways to craft it; with a single twig, or the DevSauce skill that's added after game start.
- Right-click on necklace and "use" it. The rest should be self-explanatory.
- Cheat Menu: Gives you the option to spawn a set of items designed to jump-start your character, or to activate special abilities. Some of those abilities are provided by BBC, others by me.
If you want to remove any of the abilities, then open the menu again and select "want". Ignore the abilities and just hit spacebar. Done.
- Easy items: The coin also drops a custom box at the players feet. Initially this box is empty, but if the mod author has some items they need quick access to then they can add things to it. Just look for treasure 2491 in the .xml and start adding stuff.
- Doesn't let you select all skills like BBC did.
- REMOVE THE TESTER SKILLS VIA THE CHEAT MENU BEFORE REMOVING THE MOD! or just don't remove the mod.
- Game has an inherit limit of 28 skills, which can be reached when merged with NSE. There are ways to fix this, but they require modding the graphical size of skills.
Compatible with game version 1.15