Few questions i am unable to find answers to - please, help!
1. What year is it?
2. What exactly "defense" does?
3. What "morale effects" does?
4. What are encumbrance limits?
5. Can Philip be banned from DMC for instant-killing a DMC guard?
6. Will intensive GPS usage increase number of "very urban" tiles on the map?
7. When exactly "Vulnerable" status starts to work when Philip runs away in combat?
Details to clarify each question are under the spoiler. Thank you for any help!
2: wiki mentions defense on few occasions, like in description of Elusive skill, but what exactly the effect of that +20% to defense?
3: morale effects is another "mystery" stat for me. Wiki lists it here and there, like +30% morale effects for Tough skill...
4: wiki says "Strong" gives +50 kg "encumbrance limit". But what is the default? And what is the amount Philip can carry while still having "Unburdened" status - i.e. with no penalty to movement, assuming perfect helth and no "can carry less" effects on him, with and without "Strong" skill?
5: i mean specifically this situation: Philip meets a lone DMC guard, identifies him right away before taking any action as a DMC guard, and then makes a combat move which instantly kills DMC guard during very 1st turn. I am at the point in my game when i can actually do this, sometimes, and it's the only way to get armor in the game, apart for hoping to find "dead but not much looted" DMC guard. But i don't want to get banned from DMC (not yet). Is there any chance to have Philip banned from DMC for doing such kill(s)? What if there is another DMC guard in nearby tile - can he "see" the event and "report" Philip as a criminal?
6: GPS allows to "search" for "very urban" tiles within not-yet-opened areas of the map. What if one uses GPS very much with most map not revealed yet? Will it increase number of "very urban" tiles, or does GPS only shows ones which would be there anyway, exact same number and locations of such tiles?
7. there is that universal command "Run!" in combat, available when not slowed by equipped vehicle. It makes Philip vulnerable. But _when_ exactly it does? Example: combat starts, Dogman is the enemy, distance = 1. Very 1st action Philip selects is "Run!" (or even "Sprint!" if having Athletics). Very 1st action Dogman selects - same turn - is "Attack". So what i puzzled by is whether this 1st Dogman's attack would be calculated as one against "vulnerable" Philip, or will it be as one against "not yet vulnerable" Philip?
... our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr