NEO Scavenger Update v1.14: Autosave! And Modding Fixes.
NEO Scavenger is now officially updated to v1.14! Since the test builds have been relatively stable, I've just finished updating the default builds to 1.14 on all sites. The "test" links are no longer necessary, and have been removed for now.
This updates the following builds:
- Flash version on the official site
- Downloadable versions on official site
- Steam default builds
- DRM-free downloads at Humble Bundle (pending approval), GOG (pending approval), ShinyLoot (pending approval), and IndieGameStand
New changes include:
- Added optional autosave feature to save game at the beginning of each new turn.
- Added ability to choose whether encounter map labels appear on minimap by adding =0 or =1 at end of data. If missing, assumes minimap label added.
- Changed crowded map labels near DMC gates to be invisible on minimap, so only gates visible.
- Fixed a bug that allowed communal barrel fires to be destroyed in extinguished fire recipe.
- Fixed a bug in loading screen that prevented log from being added to clipboard if error in XML file.
- Fixed a bug that misreported 0.0 charges on charged encounter items.
- Fixed several null pointer bugs when loading save file that included content missing from currently-installed mods.
- Fixed a null pointer bug if game tried to load recipe scrap for missing recipe.
The big change here is the new autosave feature. It'll try to save the game at the beginning of each turn so your progress is not lost in the event of a power outage, crash, or other event. It is enabled by default, and can be disabled on the options screen. Note that permadeath is still active, and your save will be deleted if your character dies.
Also, some modding enhancements made their way into this build. The loading screen logs should now be fixed in the event of bad XML format. And minimap labels can now be controlled by modders. An =0 means no label, while =1 means a label is added to the map. Default assumes a label is added.
Finally, the number of charges in an encounter item are now correctly reported, among some other null pointer fixes.
As always, if there are any issues with the new build, let me know on the forums!