NEO Scavenger Update v1.13: Modding Clean-up, Bug Fixes
NEO Scavenger is now officially updated to v1.13! Since the test builds have been relatively stable, I've just finished updating the default builds to 1.13 on all sites. The "test" links are no longer necessary, and have been removed for now.
This updates the following builds:
- Flash version on the official site
- Downloadable versions on official site
- Steam default builds
- DRM-free downloads at Humble Bundle, GOG (pending approval), ShinyLoot (pending approval), and IndieGameStand
New changes include:
- Changed SampleMod to be self-contained in one folder.
- Changed old _readme.txt about modding to be stored in SampleMod's folder.
- Changed loading screen to only show last line of log, and to tell user how to see whole log.
- Fixed a bug in treasures with a variable output that would return one less than the specified max.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the dome light to be used in making noise traps.
- Fixed a bug that caused 4-week pickup truck extension at St. James to be free.
- Fixed a bug that deleted arrows/spears that stuck in wounds as a creature died.
The major changes here are the sample mod and loading screen. The sample mod is now stored neatly away inside its own folder, instead of having some files and other folders littering the game's main folder. And the loading screen now shows only the last line of the log messages, as well as a tip on how to see the rest. Both of these changes should help avoid confusion in new users, and prevent mod users from reporting harmless "file not found" log messages.
The bug fixes for loot will slightly increase some treasure amounts when a variable number was returned, and dying targets will no longer destroy ranged weapons impaled in their corpse. Also, the St. James parkade should behave better now.
As always, if there are any issues with the new build, let me know on the forums!