NEO Scavenger Mobile Work

Hey Folks! Bit of a switch in gears today.

I spoke with Steve last night about progress on NEO Scavenger Mobile. He's currently bogged-down in data-parsing code (reading items, creatures, etc. from xml), and this tends to be more repetitive/rote work. Since he already has a few examples done, we decided I could speed up the porting process if I took this part over while he focused on more structural/front-end things. Even though I wrote most of the original code, Steve's more of an expert on mobile game dev, so I feel better having an experienced eye on the more system-critical design (e.g. graphics, UI, class structures).

So for the next little while, I'm going to be getting the mobile port loading the remaining data types while he gets encounters and hex map stuff working.

We're also hoping that as I get in there and work a bit, I'll start to notice other ways I can speed up the process without conflicting with his work. It'll mean a break from space prototyping for a bit, but I think it's a good cause :)

Have a good night, all!