[WIP] RZU Weapons Mod [v0.3a]
RZU Weapon Mod aims to add new weapons, encounters, new scavenge locations and eventually story based quests to NEO Scavenger while staying compatible with other major mods.
Update 0.3a hotfix
Fixed "Scavenging a hex" aResponses in NSE Patch.
Handgun, MK23 - which has a silencer and a LAM (Laser Aiming Module) +Flashlight
Uzi - no attachments currently. Besides weapon strap for carrying on shoulder.
RPG-7 - no attachments currently. Besides weapon strap for carrying on shoulder.
Rusted tire iron
MK23 Gun case - holds all MK23 related items, you can open and close to reduce storage space.
.45 ammo case - holds a large quantity of ammo.
Box of .45 rounds
Rusted trash can lid - can be used as a shield, holding in left or right hands changes what parts of you gain increased defence.
The shoulder strap made for the AK-47 can now be used with the Uzi and RPG-7
Modified vending machines
Bandits have been busy taking over cities, and small groups have been using modified vending machines as supply drops while scouting, and looting. If you happen to find one of these, you can either hack it, or insert money into it for loot, be careful for bandits though!
There's no a chance to find a crash site, and maybe some loot.
Well fortified buildings
These buildings have been fortified heavily, if you can get in, and safely, rewards await!
More encounters are in the works, but aren't finished right now and will be included in future updates.
Changes & fixes:
Weapon repair kits can be used on all guns in this mod, but they can only be used once now. (Considering adding mechanic skill to needed requirements of using these, but I'm not sure I want to.)
Ammo is now unidentified unless you have the ranged skill. .45 ammo becomes 'some ammo' without it. This applies to weapon magazines as well, Uzi magazine becomes 'Gun magazine' etc.
Removed the ability to take attachments off, mainly the AK-47, because at this point there's no other attachment to replace whichever one you took off, making it pointless and exploitable. But it will return when the weapon has other attachments that need to use the same placement as other ones requiring you to remove things.
Fixed strDescAlt fields.
Added new containertypes.
Uzi uses .45 ammo, and as for .45 rounds, this mod adds a new one (at the time I didn't realise the game had .45 rounds already) and only the rounds from my mod are compatiable with either the MK23 or Uzi. That said I'll most likely remove the .45 ammo this mod adds and use the vanilla game ammo in the next update, but there's no shortage of ammo to find from my mod)
Some of the new sprites:
Requires: NEO Scavenger v1.04 and NSE Patch compatibility is currently for: NSE v4.0b
This mod can be used alone with a fresh unmodded game, or with NSE 4.0b already installed.
Standalone: - copy all files from Standalone folder into base NEO Scavenger directory, done.
- Install a clean unmodded version of NEO Scavenger, then install NSE.
- Copy the RZU folder from Standalone into the base NEO Scavenger directory.
- Copy the contents of NSE Patch into the base NEO Scavenger directory.
Side note: To get the flashlight to work while being attached to the AK-47, it requires 1 AA battery with charge. The same applies for the MK23 LAM
Also - from previous update notes: Weapon Strap - Craftable with x5 Medium length of string, x5 assorted small parts and a multitool.
Also thanks to Kaaven for all his help.
Attaching to the AK-47:
Any combination works
- AK-47 ammo can now be placed in bags etc.
- Finding AK-47 mags with ammo reduced to 0 to 9 bullets.
- AK-47 now has longer life, degrades at a much slower rate.
- Repair kits can now be stored in bags, etc and carried.
New items added:
- Weapon Repair Kit - which can be used to repair the AK-47. At 76 - 100% Condition it can be used 4 times, it degrades at 25% per use, while restoring the AK-47 to 100%. Has an open and closed state to save that little bit of extra bag space, it has to be opened to be used as a crafting material.
- AK-47 Weapon Strap - Craftable with x5 Medium length of string, x5 assorted small parts and a multitool. - With this added the AK can no longer be equipped on the back slot without this.
- Combat Knife - New knife that can be used as a weapon, must be unsheathed to be used in combat. Will be able to be crafted with backpacks to be attached to the strap in a later update.
- New place-holder image for fully degraded AK-47, future update will include a restoration including the use of this scrapped AK-47.
- Updated all small GUI images to match the updated art of their x2 counterpart.
- AK-47 Crafting change - attaching new pieces to the AK will now always result in the output item being the same condition as the current AK-47.
- 762.39mm Magazine change - Now has 6 slots holding x5 762.39mm rounds per slot.
Loot table changes:
- Changed which scavenge locations can yield items and their chances. 762.39mm Magazine can now be found with 0 to 30 rounds inside.
- Attack Modes for AK+Rail+Bayonet and AK+Flashlight now work correctly.
- Base AK equiped empty and full images now line up to fix image moving.
- AK-47 with the barrel rail attachment, flashlight attachment, bayonet attachment, AK-47 tactical upgrade kit
- Attack modes for ranged fire, bayonet stab and rifle butt.
- unupdated standard size images but, magazine adjusted and colour changes on x2 images (Big UI Mode).
- Weapon damage, price, degrading, etc, aren't tweaked properly yet.
- Able to be equipped on back without a strap - recipes for straps to each variant of AK aren't finished, so I left it able to be
equipped on the back as is.
- Cryo start AK-47 complete loot set for testing. - Non NSE
- Untweaked scavenge loot percentages - not far off being common items, they can be found on most hexes when scavenging.
- 80 new images. (Or just under, few unused images I haven't had time to remove, but more or less.)
- Extra files to work with NEO Scavenger Extended 3.3c
- Bugs! More than likely!
Original post: [WIP] AK-47 with multiple attachment combinations
Just started getting into the mods a few days ago and couldn't resist giving it a shot so here's my first one.
AK-47 with attachable magazines and its own ammo.
I'm working on improving the AK sprite, I tried to get it look as much as the original game weapons do. And I want to add a few craftable options to it such as, a strap, perhaps some kind of sight, a bayonet attachment, and perhaps taped double magazines. I'm still working out the XML file as I go along, so I'll have to see if I can come up with sights being able to give some sort of improved performance over not having it.
But on a side note, this is the most fun I've had modding a game in ages.
Updates & Mod progress
I've gotten a little more done with this and had a few more ideas of what I want to do with this mod, so far I've finished images for the bayonet attachment, plus all images of it attached to the gun in various states as well as in conjunction with other attachments.
Works as a hand held melee weapon and for cutting things such as electrical tape, and of course it attaches to the AK-47
The next thing I worked on was a small rail attachment for the front of the gun, and a tactical flashlight that can be turned on and off to give better vision at night. The AK-47 has a default of 3x3 space, which only accepts the 763.39mm magazine. Once attaching the flashlight it comes a 3x4 space that can hold the magazine as well as a battery which is used to power the flashlight.
Rail attachment alone:
Rail attachment with tactical flashlight:
I also changed all instances of the AK-47 to show without the magazine when nothing is present. Drawbacks of this include the hover image of the AK will always show the empty magazine image with one present, and when the flashlight attachment is equiped, if you only add a battery to the AK and not a magazine, it of course, shows with a magazine. I'm unaware of a solution to either of those problems.
AK-47 tactical kit:
Still messing with the art with this one, and figuring out what performance increases it will give the user when equipped, as well as making item and recipe tables for the crafting this and adding it to other instances of the AK-47. With the rails on the hand grip I may add a scope that can be attached there, that works with a scope over the top of the main section of the gun.
On the way: silencer attachment, front hand grip that can be attached to the tactical kit hand grip rail.
Things to do:
- Set an actual grid width for the weapon, right now the image has a lot of space everywhere, I just haven't bothered to fix that yet.
- I need to create different sizes for each image, as of now normal and x2 are just the same image.
- AMode images need to be created, and attackmodes entries for stabbing with the bayonet need to be created.
- Finish the sprites, more over the flashlight, I don't like the look of it so far.
Things I'm thinking of doing:
- Adding paint spray cans so the gun becomes paintable, but that could, or well would become a headache in terms of the database size, it's doable but just thinking about how many database entries I'd have to create sort of puts me off. Also, it doesn't really serve any purpose other than.. ..well changing its colour.
- Taped Tactical Flashlight: since the small rail attachment and the tactical flashlight are their own items, I want to add the crafting recipe for using electrical tape, a knife (multitool/bayonet etc) to tape it to the side of the default handgrip. Also add the ability to use the default game flashlight over the tactical one (with images) for the taped version of the flashlight.
- Instead of a bayonet attachment I think it would be really cool to add a chainsaw item to the game, and the ability to pull it apart, mix it with a few other bits and pieces and vola, a smaller chainsaw that can be attached where the bayonet would sit.
RZU Weapons Mod ALPHA