New Test Build 1.01: Modding Enhancements and Bug Fixes
I've just finished uploading new test build 1.01b, which includes new moddable game data and several bug fixes.
The build is available to anyone who owns the game at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the game page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Build
Test build 1.01b includes the following changes:
- Added ability to mod and create new DMC locations.
- Added ability to mod starting hex in GameVars table.
- Added ability to mod starting date in GameVars table.
- Added ability to mod climate settings in GameVars table.
- Added code to try all available campsites if the ground is full when ditching vehicles, instead of just the first campsite.
- Added code to try all available campsites if the ground is full when item degrades.
- Added code to try adding items inside containers when an item falls apart.
- Added ability to access your things before leaving when Parkade pass expires with you in it.
- Added 24h warning when Parkade Pass is about to expire.
- Added code to prevent attack mode switching penalties when only one attack mode available.
- Changed hex scavenge locale code to be faster, which improves some processing time during save game loading and map movement.
- Changed kick move to only be available to intelligent AI (dogman was using it).
- Changed Hatter mission conversation to better fit various intro job options.
- Changed fur gloves to not have absorbant property, to avoid crafting issues in rag recipes.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash (both during play and loading saves) if AI had a malformed waypoint assigned.
- Fixed a bug that caused modded software to be accessible inside locked/unpowered hardware.
- Fixed a bug in NaN item durability changes.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues if default weather and date info is not found in xml.
- Fixed creature's PassTime method to change actual game date and update hexes.
- Fixed a bug that caused loading to fail if a mod with more than 500 images had override images.
- Fixed a bug that caused Hatter not to take drum and vial from player when brokering the deal.
- Fixed a bug that caused map to stop scrolling near edges when game resolution was switched.
- Fixed a bug that caused death messages to be missing from "Final Moments" log.
- Fixed a bug that caused status messages on player after death.
- Fixed a bug that caused pixel seams to appear in hex map at night.
- Fixed a bug that allowed farming unstoppable/elusive status at Zom Zom's
- Fixed a bug that caused crafting ground space warning to disappear when changing ingredients pages.
- Fixed a bug that allowed head butts against dogs and drones.
- Fixed a bug that caused save/load to forget preferred hex camps.
- Fixed a bug that caused item duplication when crafting with something slotted that degrades.
- Fixed Night Vision skill image in Small UI mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused balaclava to armor wrong slot.
- Fixed a bug that caused text overflow during Saginaw King confrontation encounter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Saginaw entrance banner to be unusable after meeting Ginny at night.
- Fixed bug that prevented nanorobotic medkit from curing acute hepatitis.
- Fixed a bug that caused St. James Parkade to evict player even after renewing stay.
Most of the above are bug fixes and usability/performance enhancements. They should make the game run smoother and with less hassle.
The new modding stuff should allow for some more interesting and deep customization of the game world.
The likelihood that this version of NEO Scavenger will work with previous saves is: likely.
As usual, the older the save game version, the less likely it is to work.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!