"Regenerated Gas Mask Cartridge" Recipe Idea
I always found weird how common (spent) gas mask cartridges are, and yet and no way exist to recycle them. But, I also lack knowledge in chemistry, so no need get angry for what I am about to propose.
The recipe would consist on:
- 1 "spent" gas mask cartridge (obviously) ;
- multitool (to disassemble the cartridge) ;
- Medic skill (as it is basically considered "chemistry") ;
- 1 heat source;
- 1 large fireproof container (or Metal Sauce Pan) ;
- 3 droplets of sterilized water (not only to make it costly, but to absorb as much waste as possible) ;
- and 1 (or more) water purification tablet.
This recipe, other than making the medic skill and water purification tablets, more "worth taking", would also craft a pretty rare item, extremely useful to loot the black swamp tiles.
The regenerated cartridge though, should have at least two thirds the durability of a pristine one, if not half (achievable by increasing accordingly the degradation rate).
It should also leave no "spent" cartridge after being completely used (can't keep regenerating the same cartridge over and over again).
To make it clear, the procedure would involve to dunk the filtering material into enough boiling water and disinfecting substance to recover at least part of its properties.
Said that, if anyone more versed in the art of "alchemy", think my idea is not really feasible, or it could be even more so with the addition of some other (already present in vanilla game) chemical, then let it known in here. Any feedback would be greatly apprecciated ;) .