New Test Build 0.9961b: Fixes and Play Balancing
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.9961b, which fixes issues still found in v0.9960b.
Also, a reminder to check out the launch/price announcement from earlier today.
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.9961b includes the following changes:
- Added ability to right-click on a hex to toggle camp icon.
- Changed feral dog spawn numbers to be lower.
- Changed AI code to increase pack behavior in non-solo creature types.
- Changed dogs to be unable to use special moves like kick, melee surge.
- Changed hex info tooltip to be in corner of screen instead of floating tooltip.
- Changed dog corpses to produce less meat and fur.
- Fixed a bug that allowed rag shoes to be crafted from UVDs.
- Fixed anachronism in random encounter.
- Fixed a bug that caused all subsequent shoes to fall off after flip flop falls off.
- Fixed a bug that caused endgame reputation skills to duplicate on save/load.
- Fixed crafting yield title text wrapping UI issue.
- Fixed a mirrored sprite bug in flip flop and gator "left" sprites.
- Fixed missing dog faction in game data.
- Fixed a bug that allowed barrel fires to be deleted.
Mostly bug fixes and balancing this time. Dogs were a big focus, as they upset the balance of risk vs. reward quite a bit. Some more UI tweaks in there, as well.
The likelihood that this version of NEO Scavenger will work with previous saves is: likely.
As usual, the older the save game version, the less likely it is to work.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!