Business Admin and Edits
Hey Folks! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My adjustable drafting stool arrived Saturday, so I've been testing that out at my standing desk. It is waaay nicer than the hard Ikea barstool I was using as a stand-in. (I'm too bony to sit on hard surfaces for long.) On the other hand, it's just slightly more upright than my old chair, which means I work harder sitting up in it. But it's all for health!
As for dev work, today was not very outwardly exciting, I'm afraid. A good chunk of my morning (read: all of it) was spent on business admin. Things like getting back to vendors, reviewing contracts, checking up on press copy requests to make sure they're legit, and catching up on forum posts and emails. The forum posts can sometimes be entertaining, I'll admit. But most of that was pretty dry stuff. And there's little for me to show for it.
I did manage to get another big chunk of game text fixed today, though. I'm now in part 2 of Tactless's typo list, and the end is in sight. I'm still amazed at some of the mistakes I made when writing (or editing contractors' writing). Just goes to show you how blind we are to our own mistakes!
Finally, I fixed a bug that sometimes caused items to disappear when switching screens. Namely, if an item was attached to the cursor when switching to or from crafting, the game tried to put it back. And if unsuccessful (e.g. due to rotating the item, or drop-swapping with another item), the item was lost forever. So I added code to abort the screen transition in cases where the game cannot return the item to its home.
Overall, a busy day! Just not very visibly so :)