New Test Build 0.9941b: More Sound Effects, Fixes, and Balance Tweaks
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.9941b, which includes new sounds, and several fixes and balance tweaks for v0.9940b.
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.9941b includes the following changes:
- Added batch of new audio for Paul: headwear, fire, scopes/binocs, metal drum/canister, etc.
- Changed scavenge loot chances to be lower in urban buildings that are not damaged, to compensate for recent increase in available buildings.
- Changed number of urban scavenge sites to be slightly less, since many hexes had 5-7 sites initially.
- Changed isotope mine intro to be less aware of the past.
- Fixed a bug that caused search move to be unavailable in battle.
- Fixed a bug that caused Martha's Army conversations to repeat endlessly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented death ending from killing player.
- Fixed a bug that prevented black detector object from being usable where it should be.
- Fixed a bug that caused hardware to sometimes randomly change contents between saves.
- Fixed gray shirt and hospital gown sprites to layer more cleanly.
- Fixed a null-pointer bug when retrieving a random newspaper item.
- Fixed a UI bug in the run moves remaining text.
- Fixed a typo in Stoat offer.
- Fixed a bug in the random container loot table that caused extra potato chip bags.
Most of these changes were addressing issues players found in v0.9940b, including a few game-breaking ones. I also made some adjustments to the scavenging system balance, to prevent oversaturation of loot in the early game.
Additinally, a new batch of Paul's sound effects were added. So things like campfires and gas masks now have sounds!
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!