New Test Build 0.9935b, Blue Rot Relief, Ambushes, Balancing, and Fixes
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.9935b, which adds some Blue Rot relief, loot rebalancing, and fixes issues still found in v0.9934b.
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.9935b includes the following changes:
- Added ability to wear rags and sashes over face, to help block airborne diseases.
- Added ambush screen before battles where player is unseen.
- Added Hiya Poopy children's backpack to game.
- Added penalty of ATN exile if trying to sell human meat there.
- Added vision penalties to gas mask.
- Added camp benefits to AI creatures when entering hexes.
- Added innoculation to Blue Rot if player survives phase 3.
- Added code to make sneak attacks always successful.
- Added code to make sneak attacks do extra damage.
- Added m_fMoveCost property to creatures to control cost per hex modifiers via conditions.
- Added new ChainCondition property on creatures to allow new conditions to trigger other conditions/removal.
- Changed hiding to remain active while moving, but costs double moves per hex.
- Changed Blue Rot to transmit at different ranges depending on stage.
- Changed SetImmunity to support more than one ID per call.
- Changed "duffle" to more traditional "duffel".
- Changed skilled and unskilled hiding bonuses to be better.
- Changed penalties to visibility and awareness for movement to apply to all creatures instead of just player.
- Changed battle moves to remove hiding condition if flagrant.
- Changed random container loot table to have higher chance of better options.
- Changed scavenge locale spawn rates to be 10% of old rate.
- Changed "Search" to occur after sneak and movement battle moves, so their effects are active when search happens.
- Fixed a bug that caused hex scavenge sites to update too often.
- Fixed bug that caused electric charges to be confiscated at Zom Zom's.
- Fixed a bug that caused moves/turn tooltip to misreport stacked conditions.
- Fixed a blank encounter node when refusing right of Trial with Liza at Saginaw.
- Fixed a bug that caused null pointer when exiting Saginaw after accusing Liza (trying to undo null locker).
- Fixed a bug that caused dead-end in Saginaw encounter after refusing Liza's offer.
- Fixed a bug that allowed infinite backpack recursion.
- Fixed a bug that caused seen creatures to become unseen in combat.
- Fixed missing hiding penalties for failing certain battle moves.
- Fixed a bug that caused campsites to ignore alertness benefit.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to increment total recipe count when overriding recipes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented C-Store from refunding money on items that were picked up and put back down again.
- Fixed bug in random weapon loot table that left 4% chance of nothing.
- Removed code that temporarily altered creature visibility and checked detection after each move was executed.
One of the biggest changes here is to the hiding and visibility system. Hiding is much more effective now, and can be used while moving at an added cost per move. Also, entering a battle unseen allows the player to ambush their opponents, choosing close or long starting range.
I've also tweaked Blue Rot to transmit at different ranges depending on how mature the disease is. Now, freshly-diseased people must be at range 0, while the most sick can transmit at range 3. Blue Rot will also innoculate the host if it survives phase 3.
Furthermore, I've added face masks to the game, to help stop the spread of disease. Rags and other cloth face coverings now have a chance to stop airborne diseases from spreading.
Loot tables have been tweaked to improve backpack chances slightly, while scavenge sites don't repopulate as quickly anymore.
And, of course, a host of bug fixes and other tweaks are included. Modders, in particular, may be interested in the new ChainCondition and m_fMoveCost properties on creatures, used to insta-add conditions when another condition is added, and alter the per-hex movement cost, respectively.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!