New Test Build 0.993b: New Encounters, New Toys, New Dangers, and More!
I've just finished uploading new test beta 0.993b, which adds several new encounters, new toys, new dangers, and several tweaks and fixes
The build is available to anyone who owns the beta at bluebottlegames.com, or on Desura and Steam. Desura (and therefore, Groupees) users can use Desura Connect to gain access here, or even get their Steam keys and try it on Steam.
To access the test build on the official site, simply visit the beta page, and click any of the download links below the usual Windows, Mac, and Linux buttons.
Steam users can access the test build by opting into the beta for it.
Updates Included in the Test Beta
Test beta 0.993b includes the following changes:
- Added new location and plot encounters.
- Added Blue Frog preacher and cultist to replace old generic Blue Frog.
- Added new Hatter encounters for some player choices.
- Added new queries to two NPCs, ATN, and GPS.
- Added player crosshairs to minimap.
- Added hex fading to minimap.
- Added giizhik smudge stick effects to some situations.
- Added ability to confiscate items in encounters, and give them back later.
- Added lockbox item to game.
- Added confiscate items to Zom Zom's and one other encounter.
- Added system object property to system objects in game (e.g. GUI containers) to avoid confiscation.
- Added new "SetWaypoint" property to AI so conditions can set and queue waypoints.
- Added "TriggerEncounter" to AI so AI can have conditions applied when reaching waypoint.
- Added AI waypoint code to support encounter trigger at end of each waypoint.
- Added "Player" precondition to all plot encounters, so only player can trigger them (now that AI can trigger, too).
- Added condition to allow crafting during some encounters.
- Added custom AI hex looting algorithm, so AI prefers better loot.
- Added code to prevent AI overloading self when looting.
- Added method on AICreature to add and remove conditions to player (for plot flags).
- Added PassTime method to creatures for condition use (e.g. pass 2 hours in encounter).
- Added code to ignore talisman when surrendering in combat.
- Added UVD items in 4 varieties, plus scratched.
- Added recipe to break UVDs and cases into plastic shards.
- Added swamp and forest crash site scavenge locations.
- Added nasal allergy condition.
- Added nasal allergy as accident to urban and brutish scavenging.
- Added new rubble camp type.
- Added new scavenge locale for Great Black Swamp.
- Added code to auto-advance combat turns if player is asleep for more than 2 consecutive turns.
- Added a new battle move to crawl away from battle if crippled and opponent is unconscious.
- Added defoliant and exposure condition.
- Added new field to conditions to set their transfer range to other creatures in combat.
- Added gas mask item, and situations where it can be useful.
- Added immunity field to creatures, so they can resist conditions.
- Added code to round move reserve left UI to 2 digits.
- Added code to remove "running" condition when entering combat.
- Added new torso slot depth (3) for sash and other items worn outside armor/fur.
- Changed map to have larger swamp area, with jagged boundary.
- Changed Stoat to always appear if player wearing cryo wristband, and not otherwise.
- Changed AI hex looting to use current lighting and detection level to check if camps are seen, instead of pure random number.
- Changed items screen silhouette to have better hit areas (filled gaps).
- Changed Merga Wraith AI to avoid charging in combat. Uses advance instead (to make escape possible).
- Changed poison condition so that abdominal pains are a separate condition, so other conditions can share effect.
- Changed poison condition to be invisible, and only symptoms visible.
- Changed Blue Frog spawn coordinates.
- Changed recipes to generate treasure items after game data is loaded, to avoid null pointer issues (cases with bNested=true).
- Changed pistol ranges from 10 to 30.
- Changed shotgun slug ranges to 60.
- Changed dirty rags treasure from 3-5 units to 4.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hatter revisits from triggering.
- Fixed a bug that caused all items to be use-degraded in encounters, even if use charges were set to 0.
- Fixed several missing discharge values in scavenge encounters.
- Fixed a bug that caused repeated death messages in Game Over screen's "Final Moments." bd
- Fixed a bug that caused software to be missing in treasure that involved locked or uncharged hardware.
- Fixed a bug in AI setting player conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused reverse recipes to generate extra tool in output.
- Fixed a bug that caused jar of eyes to not work in web version.
- Fixed bug that prevented crowbar use in locked storage shed if skilled in lockpicking.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to sleep and rest during encounters.
- Fixed a bug that caused ATN to be unlabeled on map after visiting.
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite loop during loading if player added more than one mod with the same name.
- Fixed a bug that caused degrading discharges to stay active when charges completely spent.
- Fixed a bug that caused null pointer error when loading a game that had NPC with container in slot without visible capacity (e.g. head).
- Fixed a bug that caused item image overrides to be ignored if game is loaded in low-res mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused mod remap ID to be off by one in some cases when overriding data.
- Fixed a bug that caused mod battlemoves to have bad condition IDs, resulting in no effects.
This is a pretty huge update, and includes a mix of new and changed content, plus several fixes.
The biggest new feature is the new encounter, which involves two new locations with an updated faction. Some updates were made to old encounters, as well.
There are also a handful of new items in the game. As usual, some are more useful, while others are more for lore purposes.
The conditions and creature data types had a few upgrades, too. AI can now do things like queue waypoints, and trigger encounters at each waypoint (effectively setting game variables and performing actions). If you're a modder, it's worth noting the new properties on each, as your data may need to add info to those new fields.
Finally, there's a whack of fixes and tweaks, from weapon ranges to crafting.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!