New Demo Build: Updated Options, UI, Sprites, AI, and More
I've just finished uploading new demo build 0.987d, which includes all of the fixes and non-content updates from the past five months. Highlights include AI improvements, options screen, GUI enhancements, equipment-based sprites, and NPC conversations.
Updates Included in the Demo
The specific list of updates includes hundreds of changes and additions since the last demo update in December, so I won't list them all here. Highlights include:
- Added new options screen.
- Added new help screen.
- Added improved graphics options (including 4:3 layout mode).
- Added Exit button to title screen.
- Added custom sprite images based on equipment.
- Added several GUI Improvements (Combat, Crafting, Weather, etc.).
- Added AI conversations w/wandering NPCs.
- Fixed several game balance issues.
- Fixed several AI bugs.
- Fixed several bugs and stability issues.
The demo still has the same limitations as before: limited area, crafting, items, and creatures, and no saves nor music. However, this new demo should still have some new tricks and surprises, and should feel more stable and balanced, overall.
As always, let me know what you think of the changes, and if you notice any issues with the new build!