Oh no, I'm thinking of the wrong ammo.
A few times now I've stumbled into this situation, but didn't find it with forum searches:
* Dogman enters my tile at a distance of 3 while I have a vehicle equipped and can't run straight away.
* Thankfully I have my trusty shotgun equipped for such emergencies.
* Unfortunately, last time I equipped it, I forgot to change the attack mode to match the ammunition type that was loaded.
* ...and changing mode to the correct ammunition prevents me from firing and stunning the dogman.
* Two turns later...
* I am now coughing up blood and possibly about to die, all because I was thinking of the wrong ammo while holding a loaded gun.
In the spirit of this genre, I think players shouldn't even be told about ammunition options other than the one they have loaded.