Here's a quite interesting discussion about the skill/trait system:
Dan (the dev) said:
If possible, I'd like for the skill/trait system to be as granular as possible, so skills are only ever useful, and traits only detrimental. Like with GURPS, the player decides what type of person they are going to be, and chooses advantages and disadvantages accordingly.
So here's my suggestion for a skill revamp:
I don't know if currently resting is beneficial for healing or not, but I think it should be.
The basic healing rate should be modified by the number of remaining moves when ending a turn, divided by 10 (5 while asleep), which results in a modifier between 0 and 1.
- Fast Healing: Basic healing rate increased by 50% (1.5 times faster).
- Slow Healing: Basic healing rate decreased by 33% (1.5 times slower).
- Medic: Inreases benfit from cleaning wounds and applying bandages/splints, but doesn't increase general healing speed.
- Metaboslim (Skill): Decreases food/water intake without healing penalty.
- Metabolism (Trait): Increases food/water intake without healing bonus.
- Insomnia: Falling asleep is harder, causes waking up prematurely, but due to the sleep deficit the character is harder to wake up when asleep (to counter the beneficial effect this trait currently has).
- Myopia (see http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/2429): 50% hit chance penalty for ranged weapons, no spying, identifying an NPC's weapon is harder and NPC graphics could be replaced by a blurry shape, depending on distance.
Ran around with a clown mask before it was cool