DMC job market and city life (suggested locations)
Though the game is one of survival in the wilderness, I can imagine that there ought to be big perks of being in the DMC.
If the player has a tracking bracelet, then yes, they can enter. But they might want to settle down in the safety of the city as well. Get a work permit (you think 3000 is pricey? I can imagine a work permit would be close to 5 digits).
The jobs the player would be able to do would likely be trinkets (food & water) with no benefits (oh you fell sick... to bad; Next!).
//Hygiene Technician (cleaner - which would probably also result in the character getting sick; a lot)
//Factory/Construction worker (Would probably not get sick as much, just severely injure now and then)
Requirements: Strong, Mechanic or Electrician
//Technical Support (no major drawbacks)
Requirements: Strong OR Tough, Melee OR Ranged
Now, there's nothing to say you can't be in the city and work illegally. But that has it's own drawbacks. Being deported etc. being one of them. Not to mentioned the vulnerability of being at the mercy of criminal elements which could be a story plot or two in themselves.
You'd probably stay in a dormitory in the city or in the shanty outside town. If one wants to make life difficult for the player, the visit pass would be temporary and the cops would start hunting you down after a while. While a work permit would be a treasured possession. Perhaps Permanent Residency (opening up for more decent jobs) would be an option as well (perhaps after serving in the city's defence force)
Suggested locations in the shanty:
//Hawker center (cheap food e.g. 5-12 dollars, with the added benefit that you might fall sick once in a while from poor raw materials or poor stall hygene. Selection is quite good though)
(1) Roasted chicken with rice and water
(2) Fried fat balls with sugar sauce and water 
(3) Rice Burger with fries and water [meat patty mix is probably beef flavoured, but it's hard to tell what it really is]
(4) Fried rice with eggs and seaweed 
(5) Eco Noodles [one of many artificial flavourings, there's no doubt that Eco probably means economical for the vendor than anything else]
(6) Chicken BBQ Satey [Not more filling than any other wilderness meat on a stick, the hawkers really know how to spice up the flavour]
(7) Water (added to inventory)
(8) Corn-a-cola (added to inventory)
- Having them recharge with +20/day (instead of say having 80 charges that then disappear forever)
- Less pricy than the clinic in town (but also way less capable). Also sells various medicines, bark tea etc.
(possible job opportunity for people with the medic skills or even for those with botany skills)
//Larger shanty town area (extending 4-6 hexes out)
- For additional locations, perhaps with a garbage dump down by the chemical wastelands.
Ability to hand over the silver urn to Hatter even after he gives you the DMC pass.