[v0.982b] Bugs, Issues and Stuff that Should be Changed
- Hides in hide clothes still do not degrade.
- Drinking several drops of whiskey causes several move penalties, but only one is displayed.
- I saved during rain, quit and reloaded and the rain was gone.
- Stick with RF1:D (green) costs $61, but stick with RF1:D (purple) costs only $1.
- The Hidden Lake doesn't have a water resource. (Water from that lake should have an especially high chance of being contaminated, maybe due to corpses dumped into the water.)
- I did some scavenging in the NEOScavenger.exe and looted recipes. If <column name="fHours">1</column> means that crafting should take a full hour (=1 turn), then there's bug, since these numbers are always interpreted as moves, not turns. However, fixing this bug without down-tuning some recipes will probably cause much complaints.
- Conditions from eating spoiled meat are green, should be red.
- The 'Glow' should be removed after the DMC gate is discovered, it makes Hatter, Gate and Junk Market unreadable on the minimap.
- Sleds are too abundant, making the Mechanic skill almost useless.
- If one sleeps in a hex with an encounter the encounter still starts every turn.
- When I entered the house at the Hidden Lake I saw that the Strangler's Hood-branch was available. Since I needed a pic for the wiki I saved the game and got the hood. Then I closed the game and reloaded. I was outside of the house and died after entering. Obviously, for the game it was the second visit. After restoring the backup I chose to leave the house. Then I was suddenly inside, at the exact point where I saved. Long story short, upon reloading encounters seem to be started a second time despite the first time still being unfinished.
-> Maybe it's best to start encounters only on the first visit and use icons for restarting encounters, just like in the Cryo Facility.
- Hidden Lake, second visit, upstairs: "A moment of paralysis siezes you" -> "seizes"
- Here's a candidate for a nit-picker award: In the Strange Forest encounter the word "recognise" is used. It's correct British English, but mixing British and American English is bad style.
- Another one: In the description of the Miley Syrup video (I'm glad it's in the game) the 'y' above the 'HD' makes it look like 'AD'.
THINGS THAT SHOULD BE CHANGED:
- When using a vehicle it's impossible to run or sprint away in combat. I think for athletes the run away move should still be available, removing the sprint option is penalty enough.
- Double clicking on bandages and splints should auto-apply them.
- It should be possible to sterilize water by mixing it with alcohol.
- A shard costs $0.25, a broken bottle only $0.05, it would make more sense vice versa.
- The hydration value of ketchup should be negative due to its salt content.
- The tooltips for combat moves should include a rough (!) estimate of the success chances. I think this would surely help beginners.
- Power taps: I basically like them, water/wood should work the same way. (An "empty out" hotkey would be nice, though.)
- However, the 'use' option should read 'recharge' to better reflect what it does, or 'refill' to also fit to water/wood resources.
- Also, power taps make electricity overly abundant. Maybe recharging them slowly over time and reducing their number is a better alternative.
- Some item names should be shorter, e.g. "a handful of string, twine, floss, etc.". Why not simply naming small threads "thread" and medium threads "string"?
- "handful of small twigs and bark" -> "twigs and bark"
- "assorted screws, washers, resistors, pins, wires, sprockets, springs, etc." -> "screws, wires, etc."
- Several item names start with an "a", e.g. "a silver urn", the 'a' should be removed.
- Bark Tea: The recipe says "tannin tea", the item says "bark tea", and the log says "Player drank some tannin tea." It should always be the same name to avoid confusion.
NOTE: I know I'm getting quite picky, but the game is nearing completion, and I think it should be released in a polished state.
Edit: - "Agree to Surrender" could be confused with "Accept Surrender", should read simply "Surrender"
Edit 2: - Combat screen needs "Repeat last action"-button (grayed out if not possible)
Ran around with a clown mask before it was cool