Game Giveaway: 6 Copies of NEO Scavenger!
Been waiting for access to the NEO Scavenger beta, but a little short on cash? Today may be your day!
This Saturday evening (October 5th, 2013), I'll be giving away 6 copies of the NEO Scavenger beta. Anyone can enter, though 4 copies will be reserved for players who don't already have beta access. 2 additional copies will be given to existing customers, to be given away to the person of their choice.
Recently, an anonymous fan generously offered to buy a gift copy to be given away. Since I thought that was such a cool gesture, I decided to throw in 5 extra copies and make a thing of it. Hence, this giveaway!
Here's how it works:
- Play the free NEO Scavenger demo, dodge some crazed bandits, scavenge some useful junk, die of cholera/hypothermia/pulmonary embolism a few times, and get a general sense for the world and story.
- Decide what the biggest mystery is to you in the game. What mystery would you most want solved by the end of the game?
- Create or log into an account on bluebottlegames.com. Creating an account is free. Winning accounts will be granted access to both Flash and downloadable versions of NEO Scavenger on bluebottlegames.com. Beta access also includes a Desura key, Steam key (when available), and access to the final game (when it's finished).
- Comment on this news post with your top choice from step 2 above. You can include more than one mystery in your response, but indicate which is your top question. Only comments on this page will be counted.
- Only one post per person will be counted. Additional posts will not be counted in the random draw.
- 4 copies will be reserved for new players who do not yet have beta access.
- 2 copies will be reserved for existing players, who can then email/PM me with the person to whom they want to give the beta. (Existing customers have seen more game lore, and I'm definitely interested in their opinion, too!)
- Respect other users. No name-calling, trolling, racism, sexism, yadda yadda. If you're a jerk, you're out. No warnings.
So please give the game a shot, see what you think, and toss your question into the ring! Your participation will help me improve the story as I work on it, and please spread the word if you have friends who'd be interested!