Is Neo Scavenger Cyberpunk? Let's discuss the themes!
- Takes place on Earth in the near future, so it's grounded in our reality.
- Embodies a dystopian Police State, in contrast to the anarchy of the wastelands.
- Everything is corrupt, economically, politically and socially.
- Has clear examples of wealth disparity and class struggles.
- A protagonist that can enhance himself "beyond" humanity (cyberware).
- The protagonist is clearly an outsider, at odds with the establishment (a punk).
I realize that there are many, many other layers to Neo Scavenger, including fantasy and horror elements. It's an original setting with it's own distinct flavor. But I'm very excited about the Cyberpunk themes of the game, which are very pronounced. Am I wrong? I've never heard Neo Scavenger described as Cyberpunk before.