Bug Fixes, and Getting Ready for New Build

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's been getting nicer here these past few days, so I've been trying to go outside a bit more. You know, making sure I don't atrophy :)

I'm getting ready to do a new build. But before I do that, I want to fix a few things, and run the game through its paces, just to make sure any glaring issues are resolved.

While testing today, I managed to fix a bug in the market which allowed taking items without having the requisite money. There was also a bug with the way wounds and bandages scaled when switching resolutions, so I fixed that (plus a few other straggling UI bugs having to do with resolution switching).

I also managed to find about 4MB worth of images that I didn't need. They were 2x zoomed versions of images that never get zoomed. So that should help with download sizes (and RAM).

So we're getting there. The game was pretty stable, apart from the aforementioned resolution-switching issues. So that's a good sign. We'll see how tomorrow goes!

NEO Scavenger's Humble Beginnings

I also ran across some old NEO Scavenger prototypes while doing some spring cleaning this weekend. If anyone's interested, I've got screenshots and even some working Flash prototypes of NEO Scavenger from 2 years ago. The game has changed quite a bit since then!


orbitneo's picture

Great news, Dan. The next update is exciting indeed.

Good to hear you're squashing bugs as well.

kingkorps's picture

Don't go Psychosis on us Dan.

Water, water nowhere, and I drank the last drop!