New Beta and Demo Builds: "Heat Stroke" fix and memory optimizations
I just finished uploading the rest of the new beta (0.966b) and demo (0.966d) builds, which address the infamous "heat stroke" bug, as well as vastly reduce the memory usage of 1360x768 mode.
Build 0.966b includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug that would cause camp stats to pile-up over time after a load game. (I.e. the "acid rain/heat stroke" bug seen in the beta version)
- Changed game to use pre-baked 2x zoom images, to reduce RAM usage in 1360x768 mode.
- Changed preloader to be in two parts: first part shows download/unpacking progress instead of black screen.
- Changed preloader second part (asset loading) to be more accurate, instead of stalling at 6% then jumping suddenly (flash beta only).
- Fixed a bug that caused item to be incorrect size after resolution change if dragged during change.
- Fixed a bug that caused crafting space check to leave crate icon in empty hexes.
- Fixed a bug that caused crate icon in hexes to remain even after removing last object from ground.
For more details on these fixes, see yesterday's post.
Hopefully, this new build makes the game much more stable, and finally rids us of the annoying heat stroke, acid rain, and insomnia bugs we've been seeing!