Flash-Only Test Build (Beta)
I started uploading a new build today, but ran into some late-day snags that delayed a full upload of the rest of the versions. So instead, what we have is an updated beta Flash build (0.966b). The Flash demo and all downloadable versions (beta and demo) are still at 0.965, but I figured it'd be worth leaving the new Flash beta uploaded to let folks try it if they want.
The Flash build (0.966b) includes the following changes:
- Fixed a bug that would cause camp stats to pile-up over time after a load game. (I.e. the "acid rain/heat stroke" bug)
- Changed game to use pre-baked 2x zoom images, to reduce RAM usage in 1360x768 mode.
- Changed preloader to be in two parts: first part shows download/unpacking progress instead of black screen.
- Changed preloader second part (asset loading) to be more accurate, instead of stalling at 6% then jumping suddenly.
- Fixed a bug that caused item to be incorrect size after resolution change if dragged during change.
- Fixed a bug that caused crafting space check to leave crate icon in empty hexes.
- Fixed a bug that caused crate icon in hexes to remain even after removing last object from ground.
The big deals in this build are the first 2-4 in the list. The "heat stroke" fix should mean long-term games that save/load multiple times are now more reliable. Similarly, the reduced RAM usage should make the game more stable, and hopefully fix some of the weirder bugs we've been seeing.
The preloader changes are mainly to improve feedback to the user on progress. Previously, the game would just be a black screen for several minutes as the game downloaded, then the user would see a jumpy loading progress bar. Now, the black screen is replaced with a download progress bar, and the loading progress bar should be more accurate/smoother.
The hex crate icon and crafting fixes were just something that I noticed as I was testing, so I threw in a fix.
If you end up testing the 0.966b Flash build, let me know if it gives you any trouble. I plan to update the rest of the versions with those fixes tomorrow, so it'll be good to know if any new bugs pop up in the update!
Have a good night, all!