New Beta and Demo Builds: AI Tweak, Scavenge Abort, and Bug Fixes
I've just finished uploading new beta build 0.962b and demo build 0.962d. This update includes a change to AI behavior, the ability to cancel a scavenge attempt, and several bug fixes that have been recently reported.
Beta and Demo Changes
Both the beta and demo versions 0.962 include:
- Added leadership to AI, so some will follow others.
- Added code to allow aborting scavenge after seeing chances, but before choosing tools.
- Added code to prevent dragging item copies from crafting screen to other screens.
- Added code to remove camp icon when player empties a camp.
- Added code to remember which page the quick recipes was set to when the player left the craft screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused degraded item contents to get stuck in slot.
- Fixed a bug that caused container contents to be deleted when used in crafting.
- Fixed a bug that caused stacked conditions to not decrement effects correctly.
- Fixed sleeping pill bottle contents in loot tables.
- Fixed a null pointer bug that would occur when exiting craft screen after pressing a quick recipe button.
- Fixed a bug that caused quick recipes beyond page 1 to trigger recipes on page 1.
- Changed drunk condition to increase cooling rate rather than immediately drop core temp.
The AI change was a minor experiment I wanted to try. Each AI now has a random leadership strength, and NPCs of the same faction will tend to follow around the highest leader in view. They'll also start sharing the same home tile. In theory, this should make groups of similar creatures coordinate a bit more (or at least appear to), and also makes their shared home tiles a bit more interesting. I'll be interested to see how this works out in practice, though.
I also added the ability to abort a scavenging attempt after seeing the chances in the stat bars. It will return to the screen where all the scavenge locations are listed, where the user can either choose a different place to scavenge, or exit. This was requested a long time ago, and I happened to remember it as I was messing around in that code today.
The rest of the changes are fixes and improvements based on some of the bugs folks have noticed since 0.961 went live. Hopefully, this improves stability for many players.
In addition to the above, the beta has the following update:
- Added code to prevent random encounters from appearing underneath player while loading game.
This happened pretty rarely, but could be quite jarring to players, so I added a check to prevent it.
Let me know if you notice any other issues, and as always, thanks for your patience and feedback!