Bug Fixing and Band Aids
I spent most of today working on some of the more critical bugs that exist in NEO Scavenger. They include:
- Fixed a crash when changing resolution during skill selection.
- Fixed a bug that prevented savegames from storing current encounter page. (e.g. missing the encounter when loading)
- Fixed a bug that caused items to multiply when degrading in a pocket underneath another clothing item. (e.g. endless rags in a pocket under a squirrel tunic)
- Fixed bug preventing night vision augmentation from being used in scavenging.
- Optimized new crafting screen load faster. (Was sometimes taking a few seconds to load. Now, less than 1 second.)
I think those were some of the more game-breaking bugs that I had left. There are still a few bugs that people have reported which I cannot reproduce yet, but if I can find them, I'll fix those too.
I also applied a few minor fixes:
- Changed clothing degrade and un-crafting recipes to each produce 5 rags and 5 strings, rather than just random number of rags.
- Changed torch recipes to accept both clean and dirty rags.
- Added sleeping pills to scavenge and junk store inventories.
- Added recipes for disassembling strapped or scoped 308. (Previously, could only disassemble a scoped + strapped rifle.)
I think at this point, I've fixed all the bugs I plan to before the next build. I still have some clean-up work to do on the title screen, and then I want to try a couple longer play sessions to see if anything comes up in more long-term plays. Provided the playtests are feeling pretty solid, we may have a build candidate!
Not sure if that'll be tomorrow or Thursday yet, but it feels like it should be soon. Fingers are crossed!