Issues so far...
I don't understand the motivation of Looters, Raiders, and most of the other wild humans I encounter. I'm surprised I don't encounter more wildlife and that all encounters are immediately hostile- I expect a bit more precursor to my encounters, a bit more... circling, weighing each other up, Encounter-type mechanics. Things like...
- Threatening with a gun (loaded or not) to avoid confrontation
- Being tracked, but not attacked, by opportunistic animals waiting for you to die from your injuries, or at least become too weak to defend yourself
- Scaring off opportunistic animals by intimidating them
- Getting attacked/pursued by territorial animals by intimidating them
- Attracting hungry animals with bad food hygiene and/or bleeding injuries
- Being cautiously ignored by other people because you're obviously just carrying a penknife
- Being attacked by other people because you're carrying their penknife and refuse to give it back
- Being attacked because you're wearing nothing but shoes and wielding a cleaver (best not to take your chances with someone who's obviously crazy, right?)
- Genuinely altruistic/humane people who might help you out when you're injured or disadvantaged, if they can
Any other ideas in this vein?