New Beta and Demo Builds: Right-Clicking and Bug Fixes
I've just finished uploading new beta (0.958b) and demo (0.958d) builds. These latest builds fix a few bugs, plus add support for right-clicking!
Flash Plugin Alert
Before I go any further, I just want to alert any players using the Flash version that this update requires the Flash plugin to be version 11.2 or later. Your browser should prompt you if it's out of date. If it doesn't, you can download the update manually by visiting Adobe's Flash update page. You can also right-click in the Flash plugin while NEO Scavenger is loading, and it should tell you which version of the plugin you have.
If you are using any of the downloaded versions, no updates are necessary. The required Flash updates are built-into the downloadable version of NEO Scavenger.
Version 0.958 now supports right-click context menus on items:
Right-clicking on most items in the inventory screen will open a context menu that includes one or more of the following choices:
- Use - Use/consume the item.
- Craft - Move the item to the crafting area.
- Delete - destroy the item.
It's a small list, but I figured I'd start simply, and see how it works first. It'll probably evolve over time, and options will be added, removed, or changed based on user feedback.
At the very least, this should alleviate some of the mousing/clicking required to eat and craft items.
Other Fixes and Updates
The following updates and fixes were also applied:
- Added campsites to types of items that can't be deleted.
- Added hardware mouse support (faster/more accurate mouse movement).
- Fixed a bug that caused degrading items within a stack to remain in place (e.g. endless rags dropping on ground).
- Added code to allow swapping item with smaller item in container if result would fit.
- Fixed a bug which caused AI to steal hex resource icons (e.g. lake, trees).
Hopefully, these updates further stabilize the game, and make it a bit easier to use. As always, let me know if there are any issues using the new build!