• Ostranauts Demo - Steam Festival Live Stream Recording

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks!

    In case you missed the live stream of the Ostranauts demo shown during the Steam Festival of Games: Summer Edition, I've uploaded a recording of it to YouTube:

    Ostranauts Demo Stream - Steam Festival of Games Summer 2020

    In it, I live stream the same demo we showed at PAX East 2020, to a Steam audience for the Festival of Games. Over 50 minutes of me

  • Live Dev Streams Now Playing On Loop

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks!

    For anyone who missed the live dev streams earlier this week, they are now playing on loop at the Ostranauts Steam page.

    The first day's stream was 1 hour of me playing the PAX demo with commentary. And the second stream was me playing a more recent development build, also with commentary.

    It's about 2 hours of content total, and should be both useful

  • Free Ostranauts Demo!

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks!

    As many of you know, Ostranauts had to delay the June 11th Early Access launch. Testing still showed the game needed work, and both I and Modern Wolf discussed at length before deciding to delay it further. That's on me, and I apologize for getting your hopes up only to let them down.

    I don't have a new date in mind yet. However, I do have some exciting news

  • Your NEO Scavenger & Ostranauts in-universe stories wanted!

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks!

    We're getting ready to share some in-universe communications from the world of Ostranauts, and we’d like you to take part in that!

    Please post your best in-universe tales on this reddit thread, inspired by your time in NEO Scavenger, and by the story trailer for Ostranauts.

    Whether they be captain’s log last entries, rumors of Old-Earth told over a

  • Dev Message and PAX East Demo Videos!

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks!

    New video day! You've been very patient, waiting for a new video since...gosh, was it December? With the rush to get ready for PAX, my video game has been lax. (Sorry, dad pun+rhyme combo.) So to reward your patience, you get TWO videos!

    Dev Update Vlog

    This first video is a personal message from the developer, found on a derelict Ryokka tug outside of K-Leg:

  • Back from PAX East 2020!

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks! At long last, PAX East 2020 is over, and I've returned home. (Somehow, plague-free, even.) And now that I'm back, it's time to take stock of the situation, and plan for the road to release!

    First of all, how did PAX go?

    I'm happy to report it went well! The image in today's post was the menu visitors saw as they hopped into the demo. The demo

  • Relationships and Interactions

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks! Still plugging away at the PAX 2020 demo here, and the goals are the same as before. We have a few fun updates to talk about, though, so I thought it was a good time for devlogging.

    One of the bigger changes, and one I've just checked-in, was formalizing the role of relationships in interactions. It's now possible to limit interactions to people who have (or do not

  • Working On PAX Demo

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks! I'm overdue to post another update, and we've been up to a lot since the last one. So I figured I'd catch you all up.

    The big thrust right now is to get a playable demo ready for PAX East, which is in about 3 weeks. It took a bit of trial and error to decide on what the demo would be, but I think last week mostly got us on track. So now it's all about

  • Take That, You Fiend!

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks! Figured I'd post again just to keep you updated on progress. As usual, I've been skipping news most days to get the extra half hour of work, unless there's a screenshot I can use worth seeing.

    And today qualifies!

    We've been working on social interactions, and they're getting better each day. Our NPCs are getting better at avoiding nonsensical

  • Pledges and Macro AI Behaviors

    dcfedor's picture

    Hey Folks! Not a lot of visible progress the last several days, so I've been using the normal blogging time for both work and meetings with devs until there is.

    Today isn't much of an exception, but it might be a good time to talk about where things are with AI.

    The last major push was to get AI generally throwing reasonable responses at you based on both what you said