Ostranauts Patch v0.6.4.2 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.4.2 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
We found one more cause of sudden air loss that we fixed. There's also a new turbo pump, and reversible air pump behaviors to use. Plus a bunch of UX improvements and bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug that caused ship rooms to suddenly evacuate when loading a save file.
- Added Exit button to main menu.
- Added new turbo air pump item to Ocelot airlock.
- Added turbo button to air pump controls. If enabled, pumps operate at significantly higher speed.
- Added reverse button to air pump controls. If enabled, pumps operate in reverse.
- Changed nav station to disable torch drive for now. Not fully working, and confuses new players.
- Added torch drive warning message to nav station when used.
- Fixed a bug that caused N2 and O2 sensors to always fail uninstallation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented shift-clicking stack on floor from taking them when there's a full stack already in inventory.
- Added ability to drag from slot to grid and releasing to transfer item.
- Added ability to drag from one stack to other stack in same grid and then releasing to stack item.
- Added ability to shift-click slotted item to transfer it.
- Fixed an inventory null bug that would occur when swapping an item from the grid with a slotted item.
- Fixed a bug that caused face customization buttons to disappear at certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug that caused some crew progress bars not to show correctly.
- Added skills to list of traits that are revealed in social UI.
- Added social move to ask about career, and replies for each skill.
- Added code to exit socializing UI if there are no available options and Confirm is pressed.
- Added small light to batteries so they are easier to find in the dark.
- Fixed a bug in ModeSwitch that caused new items of different size to appear straddled across grid lines.
- Changed crew pathfinding to reduce chances of standing inside objects.
- Changed O2 sensor rate from 0.000866h to 0.000278h, so O2 sensor stops pumps sooner after good pressure reached.
- Changed pump control knob to use GUIPropMap for override on/off setting, so it would persist from template ships to actual ships.
- Changed GUIOrbitDraw cheat sheet to say verify nav mode instead of toggle, so it doesn't confuse new players into switching prematurely.
- Fixed missing sprite detail on RCS cluster loose.
- Removed unused sounds from EVA, drill, torch, and helmet COs.
One of the trickier fixes to make involved sudden air loss in rooms, especially when loading a save file. We found at least two causes of this bug that we were able to fix, and with luck, those are the last remaining cases. (Note that it may not fix old save files.)
There's also a new toy in this build: turbo air pumps. You'll find an example in the Ocelot's airlock, which can be used to manually evacuate the airlock's atmo into a storage canister. Also, all air pumps now support a reverse function, so you can reverse the flow via the control panel.
The main menu now has a dedicated exit button, in addition to the Esc key to quit. We also temporarily disabled the "Course Engage" button on the nav station due to the confusion it was causing. Until we get torch drive flight finished, it will show a warning when clicked.
The inventory UI had a bunch of new quality of life features added, making drag-drop, item swapping, and shift-click work in more cases. And crew progress bars should show up in more cases now.
You can also now ask NPCs what skills they have, and skills are now a thing you can see on character sheets. It's not finished yet, but it's a step towards hiring qualified personnel.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!