Ostranauts Patch v0.6.2.9 Available
Ostranauts v0.6.2.9 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
Atmo fixes continue in this build, as we try to plug all the holes in the thermodynamics sim still giving people grief. Plus several other changes and fixes.
- Fixed a bug that would cause insta-death when putting a helmet on at certain game speeds or higher.
- Fixed a bug that would cause rooms to generate heat if an open door or damaged wall split them into two.
- Changed thresholds for gasping and ebullism conditions to be more in line with reality.
- Fixed a bug that caused AIs to try and complete tasks on ships after undocking with them.
- Changed AI ship collisions to cause no damage for now.
- Fixed a bug that caused derelict airlocks to be missing some loot.
- Fixed a bug that left helmet attached to cursor if moved from slot directly to ground grid.
- Changed save info screen to show duration in larger units than seconds, when applicable.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly plotted orbits for objects with a high eccentricity.
Two more major thermodynamic bugs were found and fixed in this patch, mainly involving rooms that were split by a door or other gas exchanger. A race condition on helmets has also been fixed, hopefully resulting in fewer spontaneous combustions of wearers donning them.
Police ships no longer cause damage when colliding. Just noise and shaking. At least until we get them under control (and make them more meaningful).
Some derelicts were missing loot, so you'll likely see more spare parts on them now. And there were some other minor improvements and fixes, as well.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC