Ostranauts Patch v0.6.2.7 Available
Ostranauts v0.6.2.7 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
Some significant changes to the timer system in this patch, aimed at reducing cases of sudden hypoxia and temperature/pressure spikes, plus other changes.
- Fixed a bug that would cause hypoxia due to a timer sync loss.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Nausea to loop endlessly.
- Fixed a bug that caused room gases/temps to spike when door uninstalled.
- Added ability to uninstall sinks.
- Added button to randomize player name in character creation.
- Added buttons to fine-tune player's facial features during character creation.
- Fixed a bug that caused strange relationships if player renamed themselves after gaining contacts.
- Fixed a bug that caused tooltip to appear in all control panels after using supply kiosk.
- Fixed a bug that could cause errors if objective tried to stack on another objective and one of them had a null property.
- Changed starting room temperature to be comfortable, instead of cold.
This patch includes a major change to the way sim timers update, to avoid cases like the sudden hypoxia that would appear on players. We'll be watching this patch closely, as such a major change is inherently risky. However, several hours of testing so far seems to show it working as intended.
There are also some fixes to nausea getting stuck on players, and gas stats spiking when uninstalling doors between rooms.
Character customization got a boost, with the ability to now randomize name, and fine-tune appearance. Plus, the sink can now be uninstalled!
And the usual attendant smaller fixes feature in this patch, too.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC