Ostranauts Patch v0.6.2.5 Available
Ostranauts v0.6.2.5 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
While a few game-stopping bugs are fixed here, a lot of these are more subtle, or take a while to end the game. Plus, some quality of life changes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause conditions to increment on save/load due to side effects accumulating each load.
- Added ability to uninstall unpowered and damaged nav stations.
- Added button to clear proximity alarm.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to quit repairing after delivering supplies to target.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused player ship to appear inside Ganymed 1036 after loading a save.
- Fixed a bug that caused derelicts to drift far away from K-Leg after docking and undocking with them.
- Fixed a bug that caused inventory items to become diagonal.
- Fixed a bug that would cause social combat to be stuck with no choices if NPC failed to choose reply.
- Fixed a bug that would cause social combat to be stuck with no choices if NPC died.
- Fixed a bug that allowed social moves involving dead people.
- Fixed a bug that would cause inventory tooltip to remain stuck after item under it was removed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed player to glitch through closed doors.
- Removed nav station course correction check task for now.
One of the big ones this patch is also the most subtle: side-effects were being reapplied each save/load cycle, which could cause all sorts of symptoms on characters as games got older. One of the most obvious cases was overheating being stuck on the captain, despite normal atmo temperature. Hopefully, with that fixed, we'll see fewer late-game deaths and other weirdness.
Also, you can now clear the proximity alarm! And uninstall nav stations and RCS thrusters while they're off!
AI will resume repairs after delivering items. Socializing should cause fewer soft-locks. And several other issues addressed.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC