Ostranauts Patch 0.8.0.16 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.8.0.16 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch has been in opt-in beta for a while, and seems to correctly fix several bugs that have been reported recently, particularly with OKLG performance and characters sleeping. (And we're still working on a larger update in parallel for the next milestone.)
Saves from 0.8.0.X should work. If you were experiencing issues in the older save, this patch may fix some (especially sleep and OKLG lag issues), but others may persist depending on the cause.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI to get stuck in a loop looking for helmets and suits.
- Changed AI to skip trying to reach helmets on other ships (unless they have permission or are dying).
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to fail reaching transit, causing them to get stuck and lag game on OKLG.
- Added code to tell player if a task failed due to pathfinding in task list/tooltip.
- Changed police shakedown conversation to be forced to end faster.
- Fixed a bug that could cause some replies to be repeated over and over by AI.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues with crew staying asleep.
- Fixed a bug that caused Unconscious to remain on a character after they woke up.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI to pop nausea pills endlessly when hungry.
- Fixed a bug that caused selected crew to appear on wrong side of social UI if non-captain selected.
- Fixed a bug that could cause nulls when mousing over construction jobs that are missing from memory.
- Changed AI visibility to allow them to work on tasks inside a wall if they can reach tile next to it.
- Fixed refuel kiosk hiding numbers in 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Fixed refuel kiosk not showing outstanding fines on screen, causing kiosk to claim insufficient funds despite user having more money than listed total.
One of the big changes here is to AI pathfinding. For example, how AIs seek O2 (EVA helmets and suits). We curtailed their searching on other ships unless they were in dire need. Plus, fixed a bug in their pathfinding to transit. And reaching tasks in wall corners. These fixes all reduce the amount of failed pathfinding attempts, and therefore lag. Especially on OKLG.
There were also some bugs in the sleep system, causing some crew to be unable to sleep, or to be stuck with "unconscious" after awaking (making most actions impossible).
Plus, we fixed a range of smaller issues, from AI quirks to aspect ratio issues.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC