Ostranauts Patch 0.6.9.5 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.9.5 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch fine-tunes some police AI issues and collisions, plus improves transit visibility on OKLG.
Saves from 0.6.9.4 and earlier may be compatible, but if you were seeing bugs or other issues in the old save, they may continue and it may be necessary to start a new game.
- Fixed a bug that caused ships to get stuck together after a collision.
- Changed police pilot AI to ignore ships that are close to docking/undocking with OKLG.
- Changed police pilot AI to loiter at greater distance if waiting for player to undock, to avoid excessive collisions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented police and other NPCs from disembarking if player was using a different ship than starter pod.
- Fixed bug that caused police to fine you for missing Ogiso poster when poster was on wall.
- Added Boarding Tram message to transit UI to indicate button was pressed and it is loading a new map.
- Added new transit kiosk to OKLG transit areas, to improve visibility.
A lot of police (re)programming in this patch! Hopefully, you should find them a bit more well-behaved than before. Fewer collisions while they hover around you. Fewer cases of spawn camping or insta-docking you as you were approaching OKLG. Leaving your ship when appropriate. And not fining you for a missing poster when it's right there.
Also, for collisions, there was a bug that caused a lot of tangles and stuck collisions before, which should now be better.
Finally, I've changed the transit kiosks in OKLG to be a bit more in-your-face, since they were too subtle before, and many were missing them.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC