Ostranauts Patch 0.6.9.1 Is Available
Ostranauts v0.6.9.1 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch mainly addresses some issues identified by players in the last patch, improving stability and reliability.
For best results, you are encouraged to start a new character.
Old saves might still work, but depending on bugs you ran into, you could have some weird OKLG issues or strange air temperatures/pressures.
- Fixed a bug that would corrupt saves if they contained a dead NPC.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to die when they returned to OKLG after scavenging the boneyard.
- Fixed a bug that caused ground stations to float off of ground after a save/load.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPC scav ships to spawn too close to OKLG.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to soft crash if a gas container added a gas while it finished updating last gas changes.
- Changed ship-ship collisions to be more elastic, so they separate more after bounce.
- Changed police shakedown to only fine player for missing Ogiso poster if current room lacks poster.
- Fixed a bug in heater and cooler temperatures that caused room temps to fluctuate wildly.
- Added RCS remass in kg back to Nav station, in addition to Delta-V.
The dead NPC bug was particularly bad, because it would cause saves to fail loading once one was in the data. And OKLG drifting off-asteroid caused a number of NPC collisions when they spawned.
There were also some gas-related bugs, one of which caused the game to soft crash, and freeze the derelict I was on in space, getting left behind K-Leg's orbital system.
Finally, I restored RCS remass kg readout alongside the new Delta-V readout, and made a slight change to police shakedowns.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC