Ostranauts Patch 0.6.6.9 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.6.9 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
It includes several fixes for inventory bugs, a crash and a corrupt save fix, new manuals, and some improvements to AI and crew management.
Crew and AI changes
- Removed NPC option to quit with no reason.
- Added 1 hour honeymoon period to new hires, where they won't quit.
- Added follow and stop following commands to crew.
- Changed AI to always ignore work tasks generated by context menu when not on work shift.
- Added log message to alert user why AI is ignoring work task if due to non-work shift.
- Fixed a bug that caused the inventory ground grid to have incorrect blocker squares, which could result in dropped items being lost.
- Fixed a bug that caused inventory item rotation to be wrong if non-zero when another item swapped with it.
- Fixed a bug that caused inventory item to be unplaceable in new position that overlapped old position plus different item.
- Fixed a bug that caused item to appear on ship even when not inside/part of the ship.
- Fixed a bug that let crates fit inside crates.
- Added Environmental Control Systems Certification Guide to manual.
- Added PDF versions of manuals.
- Added manuals to loot tables.
- Changed Polaris and Holden Patch manuals to have logos.
- Fixed a bug that would create a corrupt save file if container or room had NaN as a temperature change amount.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash due to trying to load music too many times at once.
- Fixed a bug that caused overdue dockage fees with OKLG to get stuck on the player, repeating forever.
- Fixed a bug that caused nav station NAV/PAN toggle to get stuck in PAN mode when docked.
- Added special row for trade UI to represent items that are wanted but player does not have.
- Fixed a bug that caused coolers to cool when set to AUTO and not connected to a sensor.
- Added code to help soundtrack chooser avoid repeating same track twice in a row.
- Changed alarm lights to be brighter, so they illuminate the room a little.
- Fixed a bug that caused items inside a stack to show context menu options.
- Fixed a bug that caused hidden objectives to play sound when completed.
- Fixed a bug in main menu that caused button audio to stop working after first press.
AI should be a little less hair-trigger on quitting now. And work vs. free-time consistency and messaging should be better. Also, you can order them to follow you now!
Several inventory bugs were fixed in this patch, as well. Some would cause missing or misoriented items, others would get stuck, or be inaccessible. This patch should reduce the frequency of all those issues.
We have a manual for environmental systems now! You can find it both in the usual manual UI buttons on the main menu and escape menu, as well as in the shops. Plus, our in-game manuals have PDF versions in the game data folders now, in case you had trouble reading them in-game, or wanted to print them.
Finally, we have several other fixes and improvements to the game, including a crash fix, a save corruption fix, and some pesky docking fees that would persist in error.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC