Ostranauts Patch 0.6.5.4 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.5.4 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
We have a new task list in this patch, moved some UI stuff into a new animated PDA slide-out. Some nav station and inventory fixes. And beards!
- Changed PDA to slide out into UI to show build menu and other orders.
- Added task list to PDA, to show current status of all tasks.
- Added code to center camera on task target if task clicked in task list.
- Added custom construction icons to differentiate each task type.
- Changed objectives list to be part of PDA.
- Added beards to game.
- Added objectives for low pressure alarms.
- Added objectives for proximity alarms.
- Changed nav station and docking UI to report ranges with collision radius in mind.
- Added contestants' full names to game so there's a chance they'll be used for PCs and NPCs.
- Fixed missing inventory grid tab names.
- Fixed a bug that causes inventory grid sprite to be oriented wrong if item rotated, slotted, and then placed back in grid.
- Fixed a bug that could cause missing face sprite to be unchangeable in mirror UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused invalid scar image on some faces.
- Fixed a bug that caused control panel left and right bumpers to break if a control panel had both left and right neighbors defined.
- Fixed a bug that caused name change in mirror to not have an effect on log messages.
The PDA got a makeover this build, and it now hosts several of the build and other menus that previously just floated in the air. Objectives will now appear in the corner, and animate up to the PDA button so newer users are alerted to them.
The PDA now also has a new feature: task list! In it, you can see all currently assigned tasks, and their status. Plus, each task category has its own icon on the map view, to help differentiate.
Chiko's beards are officially in! Now all of us folks with facial hair can accurately model ourselves (or at least, to a degree). Also, contestants who submitted names for the game should start seeing those names appear randomly from time-to-time.
The nav station's range reporting should be more useful now, as it reports distance to collision rather than distance to center of target.
Two new objectives were added, as well. One for low pressure sensors, and one for proximity alarm. Now, when you hear those mysterious klaxons, you can have a bit more info on why :)
And finally, no patch would be complete without a handful of fixes to smaller issues.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC