Ostranauts Patch 0.6.5.3 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.5.3 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This is a small patch to address some additional issues people have noticed since 0.6.5.2.
- Fixed a bug that could cause save corruption when AI memory included a divide by zero.
- Fixed a bug that caused inventory items to lose rotation info when loading from save.
- Fixed a bug that could cause save corruption if inventory item save info had problematic rotation.
- Fixed a bug that caused items to get stuck inaccessible on screen if stack is partial dropped onto it.
- Fixed bug that doesn't show ground blockers for empty space.
- Fixed a bug that caused Duties UI to be inaccessible.
- Changed starting objectives to be time-released more slowly.
- Changed starting objectives to be suppressed if user already did them.
A few players ran into save corruption issues, and there appeared to be at least two different causes. One involved rotated inventory items, the other AI memories having invalid numbers in them. This patch should hopefully both restore the ability to load those saves, as well as prevent this future data corruption in saves.
An inventory bug also allowed the player to place items where no floor existed, causing the item to become stuck on the floor and inaccessible. This patch includes a fix to make those floor sections appear blocked correctly in the grid, so items cannot attempt to go there.
The duties UI (next to the roster UI) as inaccessible in recent builds, and has been restored.
Finally, the sudden onslaught of objectives in a new game has been slowed down to a more manageable stream. And it will attempt to skip objectives you've already completed.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC