Ostranauts Patch 0.6.4.1 Is Available
Ostranauts v0.6.4.1 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch is largely bug fixes, but also includes some improvements to character creation, including non-random face customization, and fewer career repeats.
- Added code to store oldest game version info in save and save info files.
- Added savegame version to save slot UI.
- Changed career kiosk to have fewer career event repeats.
- Changed career kiosk to avoid two ship rewards in a row.
- Changed sink face part buttons to cycle through list instead of randomly choosing from list.
- Added back and forward buttons to face part selector on sink UI.
- Added code to auto-reveal some traits if relationship added via character creation or interaction.
- Changed EVA suit to only pump player's CO2 when equipped.
- Changed EVA suit to only pump O2 and use power when equipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused relationship data to be lost during save/load.
- Fixed a bug that caused save system to break if captain's name contained certain forbidden symbols.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent saving if components inside repairable item were null.
- Fixed a bug that caused room tiles to change if game saved with exterior airlocks open vs. closed.
- Fixed a bug that caused PDA to leave a permanent blank screen over UI if PDA power soft button hit while game paused.
- Fixed a bug that didn't remove O2/N2 gases from ship when sold at refueling kiosk.
- Fixed a bug that caused item prices to be wrong in trade UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused phantom mass to be added to containers after a save load.
- Fixed bug that caused some traits to be incorrectly shown or hidden in social UI.
- Fixed bug that caused AIs to steal items from each other for each task.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI to claim failure due to no prying tool when they were really just too tired.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to sometimes unskillfully work when they were skilled.
- Added base price to crates.
- Fixed a bug that showed item price outside of trade UI.
- Fixed a bug that would skip generating data cards for locks inside containers when ship first spawned.
- Fixed a null bug that occurred when issuing an order to a non-pathfinding object.
- Fixed a bug that always generated a new person when new relationship added in interactions.
- Changed new relationship message to use friendly text instead of debug text.
- Changed installables to have both a CTUs and CTAllowUs to allow unskilled options to check for lack of skills.
- Fixed a bug that could cause null exceptions when saving the game due to bad record-keeping of containers/lots/stacks.
Face customization should now be less of a chore, with per-part selection buttons that let you cycle back and forth through all options. The randomizer is still there if you prefer it, however.
Also, the career kiosk was changed to produce fewer repeats. There should now be more variety each career term before you see a repeat, and no more ship offers twice in a row!
Several trading UI fixes went in, including mass and price fixes for containers with items inside. Selling a crate or a drink pouch should reflect the item contents more accurately now, and stop mixing them up.
Socializing should also more reliably show revealed trait info now. Each starting relationship has some basic traits revealed, and each new interaction has a chance of revealing a related trait. Plus, relationship info will no longer disappear on save/load.
The EVA suit now now longer drains resources when unequipped :)
A number of other bug fixes and optimizations also went into this patch, to hopefully further make running the game smoother.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!