Ostranauts Patch 0.6.3.6 Is Available
Ostranauts v0.6.3.6 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch makes several changes and fixes to the save system, among other things.
- Added option to escape menu to exit game without saving.
- Changed player status bars to be clearer.
- Changed save system to leave last known good save in place if there is a problem making a new save.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash if attempting to load a save file from wrong slot.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash if AI ships loaded from save could not be found.
- Fixed a bug that stranded player inside control panel if they opened another UI or context menu while connecting sensors.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the big red error message from appearing when starting a new game after errors.
- Fixed a bug that caused pause button to show wrong pause status when connecting sensors to appliances.
- Fixed a bug that caused save slot UI to show info for deleted saves.
The main attraction in this patch is the save system. You can now quit the game without saving! Also, the save process will now wait until finished before renaming your previous save to a backup version. This should prevent slots from appearing empty after a corrupt save, letting you restore from the last known good save.
Furthermore, the game should be more tolerant of loading save files placed in a different slot than they came from (which resulted in several "Label 99" crash reports). As well as less likely to crash in a few cases where data was missing.
And speaking of "Label 99," the player status bars have received an overhaul! Hopefully, changes to labels and graphics should make things clearer now when you are okay vs. in trouble.
Finally, a few other bugs were fixed, including getting trapped in connection mode when wiring an appliance.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC