Ostranauts Patch 0.6.3.4 Is Available
Ostranauts v0.6.3.4 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch lets you rename your ship, shows particle effects where gas is leaking, and fixes a number of bugs in the game.
- Added visual effects for gas leaks.
- Added ability to rename ship's via nav station's Link PDA menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI to substitute their EVA bottles when installing an O2 canister.
- Fixed a bug that caused heaters and coolers to affect humans that got too close.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to gradually lag more with each newly-docked ship.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to start in wrong ship after using ship editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused heaters to always run if set to auto and no sensor wired to it.
- Fixed a bug that caused void squares to exist inside an open exterior airlock when pressurized.
- Removed nausea from list of conditions that causes pained facial expression.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect wording when uninstalling and installing floors with wrong tools.
- Removed code that would kill social combat partner or cause null exception when user hit G key.
You can now rename your ship! It's still fairly basic, and laughably low-sec (beware mischievous crew members!), but linking your PDA to the nav station:
Opens up a PDA control screen, which searches for nearby Nav Stations. Once your ship is detected, you can see some stats on it, and edit the name:
You'll also start seeing puffs of escaping gas wherever gas is leaking through doors and damaged walls/floors. I wasn't able to get this to work on empty floor and wall tiles, but at least you can see at-a-glance which way gases are flowing. Hopefully, this makes it easier to patch all the holes!
We also fixed several medium gameplay bugs, including sudden hypoxia when standing too close to a cooler, and O2 bottles being stolen when installing O2 canisters. Some new changes to cause less game lag as you dock with more and more new ships. Plus more!
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC