Ostranauts Patch 0.6.12.4 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.12.4 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch improves AI handling of low O2 environments, adds the salvage license, new conversation options, some new content, background stars, and more!
Saves from 0.6.11.0 and earlier may still work, but it is recommended to start a new game.
AI and Crew Changes
- Added basic O2 survival skills to AI.
- Added code to AI to act if room is low O2, even if not yet asphyxiating.
- Added code to make AI seek space suit and helmet if it fails pathfinding due to airlocks and having no suit.
- Added pledge to equip helmet again after AI takes helmet off for breathing.
- Added code to reduce AIs chances of wandering into low O2 areas without a helmet.
- Added code to allow AIs to debark and open airlocks when addressing their own O2 survival, regardless of permissions.
- Added code to stop fast-forwarding if pressure suit helmet O2 alarm starts.
- Added OKLG salvage permit to game, and OKLG kiosk exclusively for permit.
- Added license info interaction to licensees kiosk on OKLG for info on how licenses work.
- Changed illegal salvage fine from $2000 to $15000 now that licenses are available.
- Added option to show salvage license to police when they board.
- Added air vents to most ship layouts.
- Added two new ship layouts.
- Added new social contacts UI to PDA.
- Added background stars.
- Added special conversations for enemies.
- Added code to make derelicts have better condition when player has had bad luck for a while.
- Added ability to open various game folders from the options menu.
- Added effects to drinking caffeine.
- Added more physical status effects to the list that is allowed to be seen on inventory UI screen.
- Changed locked crates to have better loot on average.
- Fixed a bug that could cause AIs to lose track of what they were doing, leaving them in endless animation loops.
- Fixed a bug that caused AI ships to constantly loiter outside OKLG and not fly anywhere.
- Fixed a bug that caused Mescaform intro encounter to get skipped.
- Fixed a bug that caused items picked up from ground in inventory to be unplaceable in same grid square.
- Fixed a bug that prevented drop-swapping an item in the ground inventory window.
- Fixed a bug that prevented relationships to develop into love affairs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented relationships to develop into enemy.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused disgruntled NPCs to lash out at player through walls and from far away.
- Added code to reduce framerate lagging when a large number of work tasks are assigned with a large number of spare parts involved.
- Changed air pump and air vent objects to always allow overlapping with other objects on intake and output sides.
- Changed doors to allow installation in places where either side of doorway has obstacles.
- Fixed closed doors having wrong z-height.
- Fixed a bug that could cause null errors if police were tracking a target that gets destroyed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed anyone to catch up with friend in police shakedown.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sample Text to appear if any NPCs spawned on a derelict.
- Fixed a bug that caused red footprints to appear on screen after loading save file.
One big change with this build is better AI handling of low O2 situations. They'll now do at least a minimum effort to preserve themselves when O2 gets low. This includes running for rooms that have O2, and finding a helmet and suit. They'll also seek out space suits if they intend to cross through low-O2 areas on their way to another task. And those already wearing a helmet will refresh the O2 inside it by taking it off when in a safe area.
We also added salvage licensing to OKLG, along with a Licensees Only kiosk for license holders. This kiosk buys all valuable salvage items 24/7 at rates slightly better than the usual supply kiosk (but still lower than the fixer). Licenses are $5000 per day, and can be purchased at the Licensees kiosk. Also, police will now fine you more for illegal salvage, but you can present your (valid) license to avoid the fine.
We also added a bunch of new stuff to the game! Air vents, caffeine effects, two new ship types, and better loot in locked crates. The options menu now has buttons to open various game folders. We have several new conversation options, especially for close relations and enemies.
Also, background stars! We are starting work on ways to show the environment the spaceship is in currently, and stars are our first test case. Expect more here as we refine it.
And finally, we have a new social contact UI on your PDA: Spacebook. It's a way to help you keep track of your friends (and enemies), where they are, and what they look like.
That, and a load of bug fixes.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC