Ostranauts Patch 0.6.11.0 Is Available
Ostranauts v0.6.11.0 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch improves NPC ship spawning and flying to reduce the number of collisions and police interdictions, adds an intro conversation to the fixer, and fixes several bugs.
Saves from 0.6.10.0 and earlier should be compatible, but if you were seeing bugs or other issues in the old save, they may continue and it may be necessary to start a new game.
- Added intro conversation to OKLG fixer.
- Changed police interventions to be much less often.
- Added code to prevent NPC ships from undocking if player is very close to station.
- Changed NPC ship AI to fly away from OKLG a bit after undocking before turning to target.
- Fixed a bug that could cause game to crash when loading a save file where game was saved shortly after midnight.
- Fixed a bug that caused Unconscious to remain on players if they were awakened by the First Untime encounter screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused OKLG boneyard to gradually drift away from OKLG.
- Fixed a bug that caused full stack of items over empty space to become glitched if player attempted to drop another ground item on them via inventory.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent player from installing items on a docked ship when standing very close to the edge between ships.
- Fixed a bug that caused game to crash if player ship was being tracked by police while it unloaded from scene (e.g. using transit).
- Added code to stop fast forwarding if important encounter screen appears.
- Fixed missing social item names in message log.
- Changed loose cooler item to be shallower, so it isn't as tall as a player avatar.
One of the bigger changes this patch is to NPC ships. The frequency of police stops should be much lower now. And ships won't undock from OKLG when you are very close to it. Also, NPC ships undocking from OKLG should fly out a while before turning, to reduce congestion near station.
The OKLG fixer now has an intro conversation in new games, which requires that you earn their trust before they begin trading with you.
Finally, a range of bugs were fixed in this build, many of which could cause corrupt saves or crashes. And one which caused every boneyard derelict visited by another ship to gradually drift away from OKLG.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC