Ostranauts Patch 0.6.10.0 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.10.0 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch has several improvements to ship collisions and crew AI, some new content, and some significant bug fixes. It is also the first patch to use our new (and hopefully more useful/meaningful) version numbering system:
E.g. Version W.X.Y.Z, where:
W = Release Version, where 0 is Early Access, and 1 is released.
X = Major Version, changes when a significant milestone in the game's development.
Y = Feature Version, changes when a significant new feature is added.
Z = Hotfix Version, for each hotfix within a Feature Version.
And numbering of XYZ can now go beyond 0-9, such as in today's build!
Saves from 0.6.9.8 and earlier should be compatible, but if you were seeing bugs or other issues in the old save, they may continue and it may be necessary to start a new game.
- Added air vents to game.
- Added new encounter art to OKLG.
- Changed container pod starting ship to have no mortgage.
- Fixed a bug that caused crew to ignore tasks unless player manually assigned crew to do them.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs to forget actions they were doing between saves. E.g. police questioning
- Changed AI collisions to be less severe when player has recently undocked.
- Changed AI collisions to be less severe when player is docked to something.
- Changed AI collisions to be less severe when player is away from the nav station.
- Changed overall collision damage to be lower.
- Added more conversation options to police shakedown encounter.
- Changed versioning system to support multi-digit sub-versions.
- Added code to prevent docking with target in docking UI if another ship docks there first.
- Fixed a bug that would corrupt saves if a loot spawner had a missing count value.
- Added code to limit docking ships to player if loading a save file that has too many ships docked to player.
- Fixed a bug that caused NPCs from other ships in the system to sometimes load into the current scene and die when loading a save file.
- Fixed a bug that caused some items to be inaccessible when over the reactor or other sight-blocking objects.
- Fixed a bug that could cause null exception if hired crew was ordered to return to ship but lacked airlock permissions.
- Added log messages for items gained in an interaction.
We now have air vents! They allow air to pass between compartments without an open door. They're pretty basic right now, and have to be manually opened and closed. But as we learn more about how we want to use them, we can expand their features.
There's also some juicy new encounter art for your first visit to OKLG, if you want to see Charlie's latest work :)
Ship collisions got some major work done, which should hopefully reduce the severity of collision damage when caused by AI pilots. It's not fun to be obliterated when you didn't see them coming, so let us know if these changes help!
Similarly, crew AI had a bunch of work done, and they should once again tackle work tasks without you having to manually order them each time they finish one. They also once again remember what they were doing from save-to-save.
Also, the container pod starter ship has no mortgage anymore! While we get the economy to be better balanced, we thought we'd offer at least one chance to start the game without crushing (and mounting) debt. And it also takes us one step closer to having a range of choices in starting ships and scenarios, each with trade-offs.
Finally, a range of bugs were fixed in this build, many of which could cause corrupt saves or crashes.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC