Ostranauts Patch 0.6.9.4 Is Live!
Ostranauts v0.6.9.4 is now available on Steam, and your clients should be updating shortly.
This patch addresses several of the more involved bugs discovered since patch 0.6.9.2.
Saves from 0.6.9.2 and earlier may be compatible, but if you were seeing bugs or other issues in the save, it may be necessary to start a new game.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused player ship to be inaccessible after using transit at OKLG.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused atmospheric fluctuations after using transit at OKLG.
- Fixed a bug that caused traders to lose their behaviors when restocking their inventory.
- Fixed a bug that caused traders' buy/sell lists to pause updates while player is on a different ship.
- Fixed a bug that caused social moves to be littered on the ground after visiting a ship more than once.
- Fixed a bug that caused transit UI button to not register when clicked due to ship-loading cutting it off.
- Fixed a bug that allowed characters to teleport through walls when using something from exactly diagonal angles.
- Fixed a bug that could cause game to misbehave if player revisited a station where one NPC was talking to an NPC that no longer exists.
One of the big issues this addresses is the inability to access the player's ship at OKLG, and suddenly fluctuating atmosphere (also usually at OKLG). Both of these turned out to be the same bug, caused by social moves getting stuck on the floor, and causing OKLG to overlap the player ship.
If your save has these social moves littered around, it might be necessary to start a new game. I recommend at least trying to load the save, but be wary for any strange behavior, as this patch cannot fix the save, just the thing that causes the bug.
This patch also fixes an issue with traders. Two, in fact.
First, traders were not restocking their wares, or even updating their clocks, while the player was not present. They should once again be updating while you're away.
Traders were also wandering off from their job posts, and this should be fixed again. Saves where they have started wandering will continue to see them wander, but new games should be back to normal.
Finally, there was a pathfinding bug that allowed NPCs to teleport through walls in some rare cases, usually causing them to get trapped in the locked bartender's quarters in Mescaform Bar. The fix for this will affect all NPCs going forward, but trapped NPCs will remain trapped until you free them.
Also, it has some slight effects on which items can be reached for repairs or (un)installation. If you run into pathfinding issues uninstalling items, try moving your character manually next to the target. And let us know where you found it! We'll be trying to nail down these edge cases as we find them.
As always, there's plenty more for us to fix, change, and add! And we'll be continuing in roughly that order. In the meantime, let us know if this patch helps you out, as well as if it reveals new problems!
Founder, Blue Bottle Games, LLC