List of features for the new upcoming website. v2.0
Having used this website to host a mod, I've come up with a few things i wish we had should the time ever come that the website gets an overhaul. Consider this both a wish-fulfillment list, and constructive criticism on the current site.
- Editing very large post on this site is hard to look at. Theirs a lot of scrolling to do and it's so very easy to under or overshoot what your looking for in all that raw text. Really easy to get lost in your work, but in a bad way. Having a live preview box to the side will help because widescreen formats are more common. Make it so that you can mouse over it and scroll to see what you want to see, and make it update live - without having to press a button. I've seen at least one website do this, but i can't remember which. Also, their preview window is on the bottom but i'm just mentioning it because I've seen the live part done.
- Ability to moderate my forum page and remove comments that don't add to the conversation, or are no longer relevant. I'm a stickler for keeping things relevant, sometimes i stray from that a go off-topic here and there, but when i realize i don't like the clutter i or someone else made i'd like the power to tidy up my own pages.
- Ability to have Co-Authors. That is, to allow other people to edit my forum pages. Steam guides let you do this, and while i realize this isn't steam, this is a more a wish list of things that could be. There are a lot of mods and forum pages that could benefit from this immediately such as BBC.
- More control of line spacing, indenting, and new lines. One thing that crawls under my skin is this:
Spoiler: Highlight to view
All that spacing, i didn't put it there.That's not the only place it happens. The worst part is, it's inconsistent. If you had a spoiler box at the top for example, that spacing is gone (i think, i don't remember where it disappears exactly). Which drives me up the wall because i like exact control over how my page is presented.
- Ability to label spoiler box's so that instead of "show spoiler" it could read "Show Recipes"
- When i update a mod, it might be nice to have the comments to the old version be moved to a tab labeled "previous versions". They aren't deleted, just moved out of the way so that comments stay relevant and can be tracked easier.
- Game patch notes still don't get or have their own "section" in the forums. I get that the game is pretty much done being updated, but in the future it helps "a lot" in my experience with other games.
- Also i did find the "[notag]" thing useful, doesn't seem to be here now.