New Blue Bottle Games Website
First of all, I apologize for the long delay in getting the site running again. I've been delaying a major CMS upgrade for a while because of the potential for long downtime, and figured I could wait until announcing either the mobile NEO Scavenger or new space game officially. However, reality doesn't always wait for convenience, so I was forced to just get it over with and upgrade to the new CMS.
So, we have a new site now! And as with anything, there are some pros and cons.
- Profile Pictures - Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep the profile pictures in the upgrade. I managed to keep user IDs intact, but the pictures were a casualty of the new system. You'll have to re-upload your if you want one.
- URLs - All old URLs should continue to work, thankfully. It was a tricky task, but I was able to maintain old node IDs in the new site, so off-site links shouldn't break. (I.e. links to forum posts, articles, news, purchase page, etc.)
- Private Messages - These are gone. However, each user should now have a "contact page" that allows other users to get in touch. It's basically a contact form that hides your real email address, but sends you an email behind the scenes if someone messages you. Also, you can turn this feature off in your My Account page.
- Comment Notify - Similarly, forum thread notification emails no longer exist. I'm unsure if I can restore this feature or not. For now, you'll have to manually check-in to see if a thread has updated.
- Search - Since it's a new website, it needs a bit of "cooking" time to get the search index back to normal. So you may find some searches unexpectedly returning no results. This will get better over time as the server chugs through the backlog of content.
- Desura Connect - I had to disable this temporarily until I could rebuilt it for the new site.
- NEO Scavenger Direct Buy - Similarly, I had to disable purchasing the game here until I figure out a new solution. I still have links to Steam, GOG, and Coinplay product pages, however.
- BBCode - I managed to get some extra BBCode tags for free with the upgrade. You'll now be able to (I think) embed YouTube videos, use abbreviations and acronyms, apply table formatting, and other things.
- CAPTCHA - I've upgraded the CAPTCHA to be a simple 4-digit code you must type in using a mouse keypad, instead of the old letter/number image recognition.
Also, there could be other things I've missed. If you notice anything broken, definitely let me know. It could be that I haven't upgraded it yet, but it may also be due to my missing it.
Hopefully, the new site will be a step forward in most ways. And more to the point, hopefully this means I can get back to what I really want to be doing: making games!